Since I started focusing on my music seven years ago I have had some truly rewarding experiences. Some highlights? My music has appeared in Film & TV. I've had a tonne of songs played on the radio. 95K people have streamed my music over 250K times on Spotify alone. And probably one of the best things of all is the friendships I've made with other musicians throughout the world. All of these things sustain me and feed my creative drive.
I have big plans for 2020 and I wanted to share them with you.
1) Released today on all digital platforms is a new EP called 'Acoustically Inclined'. This is a collection of acoustic based tunes that I have recorded over the past few years and signed with libraries in Los Angeles who are actively pitching them to film & television opportunities. They're all laidback, acoustic based songs, perfect for those weekend mornings where you just wan't to relax with a cup of coffee and doing nothing. Two of them were collaborations. 'I've Got a Lot of Friends' was done with Tom Hoy, who I have worked with in the past, most noticeably on the song 'Perfect Storm'. The other collaboration is a new one with Magne Kolstad, on a song called 'Hold That Thought'. I hope you like them as much as I do.
2) For the past three years, I've been writing and recording a very personal album and I'm pleased to say that I will be releasing it later this year. It may be out in the Spring, but it may it appear in the Fall. It just depends on when I think I've got it perfect, but it will be this year. And maybe I'll play some live shows in support of it.
3) This past year I launched a band called The Allen Lewitt Project, which is a collaboration between myself and Jeff Allen. We split all the instrumental duties, though Jeff always does the drums and I always do the lead vocals. All the music we produce is intended to be used in Film & TV shows and I'm proud to say, of the 13 songs we recorded in 2019, 12 have been singed to music libraries actively pitching them. Over the course of 2019 we released three EP's and I'm pleased to announce that we will be releasing a full length album in 2020 so stay tuned.
I would like to thank you all for your continued support and I hope the new year treats you well.
All the best,
Does all this snow we've been getting in the north east put you in the Christmas mood? If so, you're in luck! Out today on all digital platforms is a brand new Christmas EP by my band The Allen Lewitt Project(which is really just me and Jeff Allen sharing all the instrumental duties). It's our third EP, so it has cleverly been called Volume 3. It contains one original song called 'A Very, Merry Christmas' which is as catchy as one can make a song. It also contains a version of 'Jingle Bells' as if done by Jerry Lee Lewis. And it finishes off with me doing my best impersonation of Frank Sinatra singing 'Jolly Old St. Nicholas'. These three songs are currently signed to a great music library out in LA who is currently pitching them to Film & TV opportunities, so if we've been good boys this year, maybe Santa will get them on a TV show this holiday season!
Just click on this link and choose your preferred streaming service to listen now. https://linktr.ee/johnlewitt
Out today is my brand new single called "When It Rains". This is a collaboration between myself and Bamtone (if you've seen me live, he's played with me as my drummer and back up vocalist). Check it out on your favourite streaming platform - here's a quick link to all of them: linktr.ee/johnlewitt
I hope you're all having a great summer - here's a bit of new music to make it even better.
The second EP from The Allen Lewitt Project is out today. Volume One focused on our rock based tracks and now Volume Two puts the spotlight on our acoustic based tunes. You can check out both of these EP's on all the digital platforms. Just click on this link and choose your preferred streaming service:
FYI, The Allen Lewitt Project is a collaboration between Jeff Allen and myself. All of our songs are actively being pitched to Film & TV opportunities, so keep your ears open for them!
Out today is the debut EP from The Allen Lewitt Project, 'Volume 1'. It is the first of three themed EP's planned for release in 2019. The Allen Lewitt Project is collaboration between myself and Jeff Allen (of the band Piewackit Quku). It was formed as a vehicle to release the songs that we have been writing and recording for Film & Television. Our most successful placement has been a song called 'Kiss You Girl' that has so far been used 9 times on the Young & The Restless (I released it under my name back in the fall).
and everywhere else!
We had a blast playing the Horseshoe on Monday night. For those of you who couldn't make it, here's a clip of our closing number, Perfect Storm.
You can see more clips from the show at the following link: Live At The Horseshoe
To coincide with the show at the Horseshoe Tavern next week, I thought it would be a good time to share a couple of new songs. I recorded them for the album 'All Good Things', but I couldn't figure out where to put them in the running order. I hope you enjoy them. Listen here.
I'm thrilled to be playing a show at the legendary Horseshoe Tavern next month. Here are all the key details:
Date: Monday, February 4th.
Where: The Horseshoe Tavern, 370 Queen Street West
I'm playing on a bill with a band called Electric Influence, so I'm doing one set and should be done by 10:00.
I hope to see you there!
Since the release of my new album All Good Things, so many cool things have happened that I wanted to share a few with you and thank you for your support!
First off, if you listen to music thru Apple Music or download it on iTunes there was a problem on my album launch day - my album wasn't there! It was very frustrating for me but I'm glad to say the problem was resolved. Here is the link for Apple Music.
I'm really excited to let you all know that I just booked a show to play the legendary Horseshoe Tavern on February 4th, 2019. I've added a bassist to the band, so if you were at my November show, we're now a four piece. More details will follow in the new year.
My album release show at C'est What was a great evening - thanks to everyone who came out and packed the house! If you missed it, I've put together a playlist on YouTube of some of the highlights.
So Canada Post didn't do me many favours by deciding to go on strike while my CD's were out for delivery to radio stations across the country, but I think they've all been delivered by now. It's impossible for me to do my own radio tracking, but here are some cool things I've discovered;
- Caper Radio 107.3 let me know that the album was #10 on their November Top Ten list.
- Humber 96.9 put Perfect Storm into their regular rotation.
- Radio WIGWAM's added both Perfect Storm and Best Kept Secret to their regular rotation.
- Birch Street Radio included 'Best Kept Secret' on their Detour Show.
- CJMQ (the QUBE) has been consistently playing both Perfect Storm and Bad Habit.
A bunch of songs have appeared on some really cool playlists on Spotify. Further to that, Spotify gives me reports of where people listen to my music and in the past 28 days, my music has been streamed in 29 different countries - which is basically every country they service. From Mexico to Austria, from Spain to the Philippines, from Argentina to Norway. It's truly amazing.
And finally, since it's the holiday season I'm offering a deal on my new CD. Until January 1st, if you're in Toronto I will waive any shipping fee and personally deliver it (as Santa would do!). So if you're still looking for that perfect stocking stuffer, look no more and visit my store.
I wish everyone the best this holiday season and I hope you all have a Happy New Year!